Things to do in the area
- January – Noquemanon Ski Marathon
- February – UP 200 Sled Dog Race, Women’s Ski Tour, Ishpeming Ski Jumping
- March – Up Stride Down Fun Ski
- May – Birding on the Bay
- June – Superior Bike Fest, Run for Youth
- July – International Food Fest, July 4th in Ispheming/Al Quall & Marquette, Republic Fishing Derby, Negaunee Pioneer Days
- August – Ore to Shore, Seafood Fest
- September – Marquette Area Blues Festival, AKC Dog Show
- October – Lake Superior Shore Run
Links to the area
Here are some links where you can explore some of the activities and resources available in the surrounding area…
- Noquemanon – www.noquemanon.com
Noquemanon continues the rich tradition of nordic ski events found in Marquette County, in Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula. With Lake Superior as our neighbor, Marquette County receives plenty of snowfall, offers a rugged and varied terrain, plus is filled with fun-loving and sharing volunteers.
- Marquette Mountain – www.marquettemountain.com
Welcome to our new website. We hope that you will find this a little more ‘user friendly.’ We have gone to greath lengths to ensure that your experience is smooth and trouble free. We invite you to explore our site and feel free to get in touch with us any time.
- Ore to Shore – www.oretoshore.com
Welcome to the official Subaru Ore To Shore Mountain Bike Epic Website! Michigan’s Largest Mass Start Point-to-Point Race!
- Noquemanon Trail Networks – www.noquetrails.org
Our mission is to develop and maintain an interconnected, year round, non-motorized land and water trail network in the central Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
- Marquette County – www.marquette.org
Marquette County is a cluster of neighboring communities separated only by towering pines, majestic rivers and streams, and the unique characteristics each has created for itself.
- Rivers North – www.riversnorth.net
Located in Marquette, Michigan, Riversnorth Guide Service offers secluded, guided fishing trips throughout the Upper Peninsula’s Watersheds.
- Uncle Ducky Charters – www.uncleducky.com
Uncle Ducky Charters offers Lake Trout Fishing on Lake Superior from Marquette Michigan and Walleye Fishing on Little Bay de Noc from Escanaba and Gladstone, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.